Panna cotta is a classic Italian dessert that is not only delicious but also does not require many ingredients. It’s really simple to make and can be served alone or accompanied by everything from seasonal fruit to chocolate or caramel syrups.
My panna cotta has been given a tropical twist. I decided to add some rum, coconut milk and pineapple so I ended up with piña colada flavoured panna cotta.
This pudding is so hard to resist!
250ml double cream
250ml coconut milk
pineapple, lime and mint juice to serve
1. Put the gelatine in a small bowl and add 2tbsp of cold water – leave for 2 min to soften.
2. Pour the cream, milk and sugar into a pan. Heat until hot. Add the rum and gelatine – stir until dissolved.
3. Pour into four 125g panna cotta moulds or glasses.
4. Leave for 20-30 min until cooled then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. To serve, turn out the panna cotta onto the plate and garnish with fresh pineapple mixed with mint and lime juice.