Mackerel fillets contain beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, are quick to cook, and really complement this simple baby potato salad.
1 mackerel fillet
4-5 baby potatoes
1 slice of sourdough
1/2 small red onion
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp horseradish
1 tsp chopped capers
- Bring to the boil a saucepan of water. Cook the potatoes for 10 mins until tender. Drain well, cool and cut in half.
- In a bowl, mix the horseradish with the yogurt and mayonnaise. Add parsley, onion, capers and boiled potatoes. Season to taste and set aside.
- Season the mackerel fillet with freshly ground black pepper.
- Put a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the fish, skin-side down and cook for 2 mins. Flip the fish over and cook for 1 minute.
- Toast the sourdough bread and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Top your toast with the potato salad and fried mackerel.