Instead of throwing away stale leftover bread, croissants or brioche put it to good use and make some old fashioned bread and butter pudding. It’s a very economical and tasty dish to cook.
- 200ml full fat milk
- 200ml double cream
- 6 croissants (or other pastries, bread)
- 3 egg yolks
- 2tbsp sugar
- 50g dark chocolate – chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the cream and milk until almost boiling.
- In a large bowl beat the egg yolks with sugar. Once ready, slowly pour the hot cream over whisking constantly.
- Lightly butter a baking dish and place croissants inside, sprinkle with chocolate.
- Pour the custard over and leave to soak for 15min.
- Bake for 20-25min until golden. Let the pudding rest for 10min before serving.